Happy New Year everyone! Here’s wishing you a year filled with happiness, joy and new beginnings.
This month we decided to give you an interesting recipe using Tahini paste. For those of you who are still in the “festive” mode, try giving these cookies a test.
But before that here’s what you need:
- 140g all-purpose flour
- 140g whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 ounces (70 g) almond powder (almond meal)
- 5 1/2 ounces (150 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 150g of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 200g of tahini paste
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC) degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, ground almonds, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt, and process until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Add water and tahini and process until a smooth dough begins to form. Remove the dough from the food processor bowl and knead it a few times on the counter until smooth. (If the dough feels very dry, dampen your hands and knead the dough slightly.)
- Create small balls of the dough, place them on the baking sheet, then flatten each one slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and serve.
Try these at home and let us know how you go! Post some pictures of the finished product here 🙂