This month we bring to you a delicious and healthy recipe using Medjoul Dates. For those of you who wonder, what can be done with dates; well here’s a great recipe to try out:
So here’s what you need:
– 1 cup water
– 12 Medjoul dates, pitted
– 3/4 cup rolled oats
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
– 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
– 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
Method of Preparation:
1. Soak the pitted dates in water for 30 minutes or until soft.
2. Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Using a food processor, blend oats into oat flour. Transfer to a bowl. Add chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to bowl.
4. Using a food processor, puree dates and water until smooth. Pour date mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Spread mixture into baking dish & bake for 25 minutes, until it feels firm to the touch.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely. Slice into 8 granola bars.
So try it out folks, and let us know how it goes.