Today we bring to you a very interesting recipe using dates! For those of you who enjoy a plate of pasta, this surely will satisfy your tastebuds!
So here’s what you need:
– 1 pack fettuccine pasta
– 2 cups Medjoul Dates, pitted and chopped
– 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/3 cup walnut pieces
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– Kosher salt to taste
Method of preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, make pesto by placing dates, basil, olive oil, walnuts and garlic in a blender; pulse to finely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Drain pasta and toss the pesto and pasta together in a pan & season with salt. Sprinkle feta on top.
Enjoy eating 🙂