Now many of you may know that there are so many date varieties available around the world. However, some of the popular dried dates are known as the Deglet Nour Dates. This date variety has become of the most popular varieties in Thailand; mainly because it is easy to eat, not overly sweet and at a reasonable and affordable price.
However, this month we are not going to be discussing about the Deglet Nour Dates – its already a well-known and popular variety so let’s leave it alone. How about we focus on Medjoul Dates instead? Now I know, many of you may have heard of these dates but are too used to buying other date varieties that you are not willing to change. And let’s not forget that it is also relatively more expensive. But folks, it is known as the “King of the dates” for a reason right!!
Here are some facts and benefits of Medjoul Dates:
1. It must be the “real deal” as it is the only date known as nature’s “power fruit”
2. It has been there for over 10,000 years
3. Been a staple food of the Middle Eastern region for thousands of years.
4. The Royals used to serve Medjoul Dates as it is a form of prestige and luxury
5. They are much larger in size and sweeter
6. The sticky texture of the Medjoul dates make it an amazing binding agent. This means it can be used to make granola, cereal and even snack bars
7. It has a real unique texture and people often describe it as having a caramel candy
8. Because the Medjoul dates are sweeter, they can easily be used as a natural sweetener. Forget your honey or agave nectar and use these dates instead.
So you see, there are so many amazing reasons of why Medjoul dates are “the” dates to have! Yes, it is more costly but it is the price you pay for the best of the best right?